The recruitment market is more complex than ever, making it more difficult to navigate:
- Unemployment rates in the Western world are decreasing, both in public and private sectors.
- Simultaneously, we see persistently high unemployment rates amongst immigrants, perhaps because they lack local language knowledge, or have an insufficient educational background.
- The population is getting older, creating a higher demand for health care and other support systems.
- Almost every devise, tool or platform we use incorporates more advanced software, and the high demand for software engineers we have seen in the past couple of years is unlikely to diminish any time soon.
Just to mention a few challenges…
Are you able to find the right people with relevant skills in the current market environment?
For many companies finding the right people is a struggle. It is very easy to lower your demands and expectations, both on the people you want to hire, or your current employees. In both situations, lowering your standards is the worst thing you can do. It will dilute your brand and your ability to deliver, and that will hurt your bottom line in the long run. Just raising the salary is not an option either.
So, what can you do?
- Look outside your local recruiting market. You may have to look overseas. In areas where you have neither presence nor knowledge, you need to find a good agency to support you. If you have an agency that you work with, do they have a global presence or international alliances or cooperations?
- Look into other geographical areas who have a surplus of the competence you require.
- Find alliances both locally and globally. Often the Foreign Departments of nations have business units to support this kind of activities.
- Finetune your competitive advantage as a company, and what you can offer potential employees. Don’t forget to highlight the quality of life aspects your particular location has to offer.
Want to learn more about recruitment and building your team? Check out the Rebbel Mountain Blocks about Staffing and Recruitment to make sure your next hire is successful. Rebbel Mountain is your business development platform, for all aspects of your business.